TN: 2004 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie)

• 2004 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie (12/26/2012)
    Gave this a short decant. Opaque garnet core with a lighter rim. The nose is open for business right away. Alluring perfumed strawberry & currants mixed with gamey meaty aromatics & olives. Even with the decant, this takes a while to really come out of the shell. Red fruited & full of finesse, this dances across the front of the palate with a raindrop- like softness. Once this takes on air, some power & weight emerge with some darker fruit, but like a great dancer, the strength is masked by the beauty. Excellent acidity, very bright & engaging, tannins are silky soft. Nice lengthy finish.

Enjoyed with smoked turkey & trimmings. The smokiness of the bird really played well with the acidic nature if this wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the report, I haven’t opened any of those yet. Good to know it shows well after a bit of time.

I tried this last year and mine was not ready for business, glad yours was a positive, nice note.