TN: 2004 Conterno Fantino Barolo Sorì Ginestra (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 2004 Conterno Fantino Barolo Sorì Ginestra - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (9/21/2013)
    Decanted for 90 minutes. Dark ruby with a glint of rust. Nose of roses, violets, asphalt, musky plum. Marvelously textured and grippy on the tongue with a deep well of red plum, blackberry, soy, tar, and a bit of oak succinctly presented. Moderate acidity and dusty tannins leading to a firm but nicely resolved finish of sweet red fruit and tar. Doing very well in its adolescence, this will undoubtedly get even more interesting through the years. Half-bottle. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, glad it showed well. I had a 2001 not so long ago, and that was still very very young and tight, but the potential was certainly there.

Mattias,

Glad it showed well for you also (eventually). I will let my other bottle sleep for an extended period. Pretty nice already in the smaller format.

Best,
Doug

Thanks for the note. I have a few bottles and was considering opening one. Maybe next year…

Austin

I don’t think you will lose anything by waiting.

Cheers,
Doug

Sell it so take it with a grain of salt, love Sorí Ginestra, but the Barbera Vignota might be my favorite wine I can afford everyday from Piedmont, along with Brezza Barbera Cannubi Muscatel, very few Barbera in the Barolo Cru. Love them every year.