TN: 2004 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape

• 2004 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (8/27/2009)
    The notes on this had been pretty solid so I decided to kill a baby. This spent 6 hours+ in a decanter.
    Great nose of dark berries,berry reduction sauce,liqueur,beef broth,herbs,dark rich coffee. Very deep
    nose that shows that the potential of this wine is quite significant.
    Huge mouthfeel showing black cherries,black berries, dark berry liqueur,some meatyness, and lots of structure.
    Overall this needs time to show it’s stuff but I would not be surprised if this becomes a high 90’s wine at some
    point. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes on this. We’ve got quite a few 04 CdPs and have mostly held off on trying them. Sounds like we’re best off to let 'em sleep a while longer.

How about having me over for some of that CdP when you do crack it, Steve?

A bunch of notes kept hitting up on my CT so I decided to see what was what.
If you have a bunch it wouldn’t hurt to pop one but this wine is going to be really special at some point. Will buy more.

Just cracked a bottle of this as well… killer wine. Thanks for the note.

Thanks for the note. It has been two years since I tried this. Your note is tracking with my thoughts. The rest will keep sleeping.

Jason

It’s also been just over 2 years since I popped one of mine. Almost opened another a week or so ago but held back. Thanks for the note.

Great juice, and you don’t need to drink it all before its tenth birthday either! [cheers.gif]