TN: 2004 Château Lascombes (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux)

Dang! I’ve actually enjoyed the 05 a lot each time I’ve had it; granted, it’s been awhile. I have one at home with the intention of checking in on it within the next couple or few months. Hopefully the wine and my palate have not gone their separate ways, as I think I still have 5 bottles.

As for “objectivity,” here’s my approach: I try not to score wines low simply because I don’t like them. That said I get what you’re saying, and what you’re saying does have merit. Really, it boils down to a philosophical choice as to how one approaches TNs and the scoring of wines; I’ve been doing my notes the way I do them for about 15 years now, and I have no intention of changing. At least for the moment, that is … who knows what the future may bring … :wink:

And I hope you know I would never ask you to change your philosophy, it was me better understanding how you score. Your notes are always formatted the same and have great clarity. My notes are all over the map stylistically, but the score really does reflect my assessment of the wine, subjectively, at that point in time.

Oh, I know you’re not making any such request. I was “jus’ sayin’…” [cheers.gif]