TN: 2004 Beaulieu Vineyard Tapestry Reserve (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2004 Beaulieu Vineyard Tapestry Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (10/22/2013)
    I drank this wine slightly chilled to start and let it warm up as I sipped it. A very nice plum and earthy aroma. A little barnyard smell too. Initial taste is semi sweet with dark fruit. Mid palate has a little tang as it transitions. Reasonably long finish with some acidity. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

The late 1990s Tapestries were one of my first loves as I got into wine. I’m not sure I’ve had one since around the 2001 vintage, for whatever reason, and I am curious what they are like these days. Anyone have experiences with recent vintages?

I had an '06 last year that was excellent. Like you, Chris, this was one if the first wines that caught my attention and really helped draw me into wine.

The mid-1990s Tapestry wines were just awesome, and just $28. Wow, were those bargains.

+2 here.

had an '07 this week and it was drinking beautifully

Backed up the truck on the 1996 Tapestry. Sadly they are gone, but what great memories!

Chris - they recently got Michel Rolland to consult and the wines have changed somewhat. The Tapestry and GdL used to be a little more restrained, slightly lower in alcohol and they’ve become bigger wines. I think the 2004 was before he arrived - not 100% certain tho. You could pick up the 2001s for a song because of the Laube/TCA issue, and I did pick up a number and never had a cork problem.

Less at Costco. I paid $22 for the 1995, which was pretty decent wine.