TN: 2003 Archery Summit Arcus Estate

If it’s DDO . . . well, the “cool kids” drive right by and turn left so they can go kiss Grace Evenstad’s ring.

Definitely make the right turn cause DDO makes Pinot as it’s meant to be, but at the same time also make that left to visit White Rose for some of the best Dundee Hills Pinots. You don’t need full page Wine Spectator Ads to produce pretty OR Pinot.

Tom, is their winemaking consistent? I hear raves, but after my visit there last year I truly don’t get it.

RT

Richard;

I visited White Rose last fall also, and didn’t find their wines impressive. It was the second visit with similar results. The stones will fly, but I thought that perhaps it was an 07 vintage thing last year. Just don’t know.

As an older member of the AS wine club, we still get very nice discounts on their wines. Not sure if that’s available to newer members??

Gordon, half the wines I tasted were 06s. My problem with the 07s were mostly related to extraction. [scratch.gif]

RT

Richard;

I profess again that I didn’t really know what was going on overall, but was not impressed at White Rose. We were there in late Sept, and most of the wines being tasted, at that time, were 07s.

I’ve been there twice and don’t get it either.