TN: 2001 Mount Eden Vineyards Chardonnay Estate Bottled SCM

I had this same wine about 9 months ago and it was rather tight even after some air. I popped this one hoping that it might be a bit more ready and it is still far off. I have two more bottles and will hold then for at least another 2 years as this wine still is drinking so young, tons of life left!

• 2001 Mount Eden Vineyards Chardonnay Estate Bottled Santa Cruz Mountains - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (5/9/2010)
    Popped for dinner, the cork was in great shape and extracted in one piece. The nose if full of fragrant vanilla like flowers, bright lemon peels, starfruit and creamy lemon meringue. Nice scents of light spice, toasty oak, hints of mineral like river rock and creme de fraiche. Palate is stacked with structure, fruit and body. Extremely full bodied displaying characteristics of a young white burgundy. Oak, alcohol and minor sweetness are all in balance. Nice lemon zest with a oak starting to integrate but still not quite integrated fully. Inherent creaminess leading to the richness and full body of the wine. Extremely young still but showing tons of promise and stuffing for the future. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Always terrific with some age.

Great note, Tyler. I’ve had it twice in 08 and once in 09 and loved it every time. Agree it is still showing pretty youthfully.