TN: 2001 Grace Family Cabernet Sauvignon Blank Vineyard

• 2001 Grace Family Cabernet Sauvignon Blank Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (1/12/2012)
    Opening this on the table I was chatting with some non-geek friends that this ‘should’ show hints of eucalyptus; I went on to speak of Heitz Martha’s and some Aussie Cabs that I have encountered this quality in. i prepped them. On first sniff I come off like the ‘Einstein’ of Cabs, (smile:smile) The first thing you get on the nose is eucalyptus! There was also hints of red fruits; red currant, red raspberries and plum. The palate showed all those fruits and more. What was amazing about this tonight was the way it belied the nose, which almost made you think it was going to be somewhat disjointed-- it was not at all. It was pure and focused with a light to mid-weight mouth feel and tremendous balance. Tannins were nicely resolved and acidity perfect for some of the fare on the table. Alongside the 2003 Pride Cab Reserve, this showed a totally different spectrum of Cabernet love, one that was sure welcome on the table. This is such a pretty & distinctive wine, one I am glad to have more of. Longish finish with the fruits ending as they began. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note
Thanks

Mike,

I love the Blank. It is so distinctive. The 04s and 05s are drinking great right now.

Frank