TN: 2001 Domaine Daniel Rion et Fils Vosne-Romanée

• 2001 Domaine Daniel Rion et Fils Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (6/30/2013)
    Saw this on a local retailers shelf. The price was right and he said he just brought them into the store from the basement. Decided to take a shot on a couple of bottles. The fill was into the neck, and the cork was very tight and stubborn. No saturation up the sides of the cork. The color on this is medium ruby with just a hint of rust. The nose is phenomenal right off the bat with strawberry and violet. On the palate earth, berries and a hint of mint. Mouth coating texture and medium finish. Very enjoyable and happy I made the purchase… (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. After reading your note, I hope to pick up some for everyday drinking. I’ve gone through several bottles of their '01 Clos Vougeot and they were pretty good (albeit, admittedly, I drank them quite young). 2001 was the first vintage after Patrice left the domaine and I’ve not had anything from Daniel Rion since he left. I did visit the domaine in October 2007 and tasted their range of 2006s which I quite liked.