TN: 2000 Clos du Jaugueyron, Margaux - WOW

The 2002. I’m sure it will be fine and a learning experience. And they were relatively cheap.

Yeah I saw the 2002 is well, and the price, and will admit to being extremely intrigued. My experiences with this vintage, however, have been all over the map. At the price offer, worth the risk. It looks like the 2009 has received some of the more favorable reviews

Parker gave the 2002 88-90, which gives me some confidence that it at least once had a little fruit. Kate Moss is fine; Endurance survivor is less so

I see why my friend Robert likes this, but not that much. I finished my last bottle or 2 a year or so ago, and found the fruit starting to dry out. IMO, it is not worth the coin.

We are like Felix and Oscar! [cheers.gif]

Your note on CT is from 2012, not really speaking to fruit but not suggesting any drying out, either.

Fellow WB’er - Mr. I Hate CDP himself - is the most recent note, which I think is fairly on point:

9/14/2016 - ACYSO WROTE: 93 Points
Dinner with Keith at Table, Donkey and Stick (Chicago, IL): I’m not sure what this is, and as good as the 1995 Lynch Bages was, I preferred this bottle by a bit. Clearly red-fruited and light, with a wispy cranberry perfume that was simply marvelous. The palate doesn’t quite fit the ripe mold of 2000, but that’s not to say the fruit wasn’t ripe. There’s almost something Burgundian about the lightness of this wine. It’s light and airy, and just dances across the palate with its crisp acids. I managed to track a bottle of this down after dinner (thanks, Phil, for the tip), and can’t be more excited to revisit this very distinct Bordeaux.

This wine to me, is like Pavie is to Jeff. They are wines on the outer-edges, one of ripeness, one of finesse. I dislike Pavie, immensely, and find it nowhere near worth the coin. Now mind you, Jeff and I agree on a lot of Bordeaux if you put all this into a Venn Diagram.

I voted with my wallet and immediately bought more.

Lookin’ pretty extracted but your notes on it sound good. Too bad it’s expensive. Who imports this now?

Another endorsement, now I’m going looking for this? neener [cheers.gif]

Saved a glass for tonight. It’s picked up some weight and silk, and showcasing a little funk on the nose. Really lovely. Not as exhuberant as last night. Glad I bought more, even if it is the 2005. Really curious about other vintages here.

Their Margaux Petit Jaug and the Haut Medoc bottle are worth trying too, if you can find them. Classic style Bordeaux.

Oh yeah! That 2000 was great!

Bobby and to think they used to have it here local at ABC…i always passed bcuz I couldn’t find much info on it

That was the Haut Medoc bottling, if I recall.

Nope…margaux

My note is 5 years old, and even then it mentions that the wine was not as good as it as in its youth. I finished my remaining bottles in either 2015, or 2016.

This post was like catnip to all the degenerate bordeaux enthusiasts. An unheralded producer of fine bordeaux you say? Value to be had you say? Done and DONE!!! champagne.gif

I would like to see the spike in activity registered on Wine-Searcher for this bottle yesterday.

Caveat emptor, however:

I score extra for distinction. I value wines that have a distinct signature. Think Sociando with its crunchy green streak, Levet with its stemmy funk, and Metras with its hazy, farm-to-glass transfer feel.

You left out dead, fruitless and overly acidic flirtysmile

Or dead palates . . . .

neener