TN: 1999 Marcassin Chardonnay Marcassin Vineyard (California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast) PERFECT!

• 1999 Marcassin Chardonnay Marcassin Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/6/2010)
    3 years ago, I rated this wine 99pts, an almost perfect white for me, and probably the best white I’ve ever had. Not into Burgundy at the time…I wanted to try it again, after having well over 100 bottles of White Burgundy’s in the last year, of which having an obsessed palate for now. Well…this is now a perfect wine for me! I drank it like I do Burgs, around cellar temp, and it was the key for that last point. Still golden cloudy, rich, smooth, and LOADED with honey/lemons/minerals. Still quite youthful with citrus acidity, and I pick out more minerals now, since having many Burgs…the complexity of the creme brulee crust, lemon oil, tobacco spice, smoked hazelnuts are so exotic and out of this World. And I love chalky/dusty spice in whites, and this has tons of it. Never had a Montrachet…but this has to be close? What a wine!!! (100 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

so jealous headbang

Try one of your '03’s?

sound amazing but throw around the ‘M’ word with great care man.

Damn “cellar buddy” can see my hole card… I think 2010 is a good year to check in…

Are these euphemisms for “200% New Oak”?

Sounds awesome Buzz! I have a 2004 stashed away which I’m sure needs 5+ years still. Hmmm… Maybe we need to do a “Big Boy” Chard tasting! I’ve recently found a place to source some top-level white Burgs at a discount… [wink.gif]

That would be awesome…you bring the Monty! [beg.gif]

That’s funny, i checked my pm, email and phone, but didn’t get anything from you…what up…

Come over…Thurs???
[drinkers.gif]

will have to get back to you…jury duty (potentially), will find out for sure tomorrow.

if i don’t get selected, what shall I bring?

I’m off all day Thurs…if no JD, you available during the day? WHITE BURGUNDY of course!

Seriously…if this works out, we can do whatever. Latour works also?
[wink.gif]

Nice note Brian. Had a 2004 Lucien le Moine Montrachet this weekend, did you note any diesel fuel in the Marcassin?

None at all…did you in the Monty?

Thursday boys Cali Chard Happy Hour?

Oh yes, in this wine, and a few other Montrachets . . . :wink: Notably, a 2004 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet prior to the Lucien le Moine above!

We’ll see if we can put something together. Are you available? Maybe my house in the afternoon??

you boys and week nights… some of us have work at 830 in the AM, and have to drive 90 miles to play… let me think about it. The 03 Marcassin or an Aubert might be my ante