TN: 1999 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 1999 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (5/9/2011)
    Dark Garnet Colour. Aroma of black fruit, tar, dusty florals, and perfume. On the palate lovely soft sweet black ripe fruits, not overripe, with enough acidity keeping the wine relatively primary. Sweetness lingers all the way through as the velvet tannins take hold on the finish. Elegant wine. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Mike,

Nice. I have a few of these and was wondering what they might be like at this stage. Thanks for the note. I like the fact that there is some ample acidity still.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug, much more approachable and complete than I expected, too easy to drink. No doubt you will enjoy one now but again no hurry. Cheers Mike

Hi Mike - nice to see you posting a non burg note! [welldone.gif] Glad you liked the Sandrone, a “enlightened modernist” perhaps but makes beautiful ageworthy wines. One of my favourite barolo makers.

cheers Brodie

Brodie, it is nice to have something different every now and then. John gave it to me, nice to have horizons broadened. Cheers Mike