TN: 1999 Domaine Armand Rousseau Père et Fils Clos de la Roche

• 1999 Domaine Armand Rousseau Père et Fils Clos de la Roche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (11/6/2014)
    This wine showed very well up against a solid bracket of CdlR from Dujac and Ponsot last year and last night in isolation it was terrific. There was just a faint whiff of compost to the aroma showing that the wine was beginning to develop but it is still very fresh and youthful. There are cherry and blueberry fruits and an engaging thread of flora. It is silky in the mouth with good depth and lovely savoury nuance. Length is very persistent and proportion perfect.

Posted from CellarTracker

I bought 7 of these a couple of years ago. I had the first one a year ago and loved it…absolutely delicious!!! Really wanna drink another one soon, but I know they will be even better with time. Hard to keep my mits off them (especially with 6 more) but I think they may be a few years away from their apogee

I love people whom bag Rousseau cdlr as they give me such pleasure
thanks for the note
all my 99 are goooone

Michel- I completely agree! Picked my '99s up on the cheap because most people seem to feel that the CdlR is the red-headed stepchild in the Rousseau range. Fine by me

Loveley note, Jeremy. I quite like this wine and have been holding out on a final bottle.
The '99 Ponsot CdR drunk this past weekend has a definite pleasant funk to it, whereas the Rousseau is incredible pure.

I think Charmes is the red headed step child :smiley:

I like all the lesser-oaked Rousseaus, including Charmes and cdlr. The village is silly expensive, but I love it, too.

I like this redhead. Glad I got in on the cheap too.