TN: 1995 Domaine Bertagna Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts

• 1995 Domaine Bertagna Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (8/16/2009)
    nose: lovely and classic vosne tones of red florals, vosne spice, soft red cherries, bits of fresh picked berries, with bits of perfumes. It took a while to get going, but when it did, it was just pure vosne and had that intoxicating effect that only burgundy can provide

taste: very tasteful and refined on the palate with silky tones of soft red cherries, bits of berries, vosne spices, red florals and wild flowers. Very pure and feminine that gives a kind touch on the palate with medium+ acidity that encapsulates the region

overall: its hard to fully put into words how this wine is, as its just so vosne and j’ne sais qoui. It possesses those qualities that bely english even though its my language and words can sometimes be sticky. For me, this is what burgundy does as it just brings though flavors and aromas that one can’t necessarily pinpoint, but yet they just be. A captivating wine from a negociant, this just hits me in all the right spots and is fully ready to drink as the acidity calms down with time in the decanter. Very tight initially, this blossomed like the girl next door and has my attention for all of its facets. In reality, points don’t really get to what this explains, one just has to let it tell its story, and the story is worth it (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

How long did you decant this for?

a good 90 minutes to 2 hours. It was very tight on the nose upon opening, but was nice on the palate. It really needed the decanting as it really blossomed from it