TN: 1994 Verget Meursault 1er Cru Charmes...WOW!

• 1994 Verget Meursault 1er Cru Charmes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (3/26/2012)
    Brilliant metallic gold color…honeyed pear, apple, grilled pineapple, hazelnut, chalk dust, smoky flint nose. WOW this seems just a few years old! Still quite tingly with fresh acidity…yet very rich and full bodied, but not heavy. Just loaded with dusty crunchy minerals…subtle aged flavors of almond blossom honey, vanilla butter, hazelnut spice, dried tropical fruit, lovely florals. Very pure and complex…just the slightest burnt oak barrel in the finish…this wine has all the right stuff to age a LONG time…drinking extremely well now, but can go way longer. WOW! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

that sounds lovely. bring the coche charlie 96 on weds :wink:

mag please! I drove 6 hours based on the promise of the coche charlie! [snort.gif]

Dudes…I only do 1ers??? [shrug.gif]

This wine really shines day two…especially against a 2010 Beringer Private Reserve Chard…“honey…the Beringer is all yours…I’ll drink the rest of this!”

I really like Verget…pretty consistently good from bottom up! Never had a bad one yet!

you need to recalibrate your palate(and scoring) with a 96–even from Verget! (I’ve had some good 94s, but light years behind 96.) Nice note.
alan