TN: 1990s California Cabernet

While a merlot, this is a ridiculous deal.

1990 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley
What a treat! This was easily my WOTN. Great nose of coffee, truffles, graphite and noble red fruit. Palate showed beautiful sour cranberries, subtle blue fruit, and rich earthen flavors. Drinking in its prime. (95 pts.)

Want to try this one and the 91!

I have one of the 1990s left – come to Seattle! :slight_smile:

[quote1998 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley
Thought this was a bit more earthy than the other Mondavi’s - with mushrooms and underbrush leading the way. Wonderful on the palate with such amazing texture. Could drink this all night. (91 pts.)][/quote]Not a bad showing for what was suppose to be an off vintage. I have had some luck with the 98s in the past.

John Glas wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:18 am
1990 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley
What a treat! This was easily my WOTN. Great nose of coffee, truffles, graphite and noble red fruit. Palate showed beautiful sour cranberries, subtle blue fruit, and rich earthen flavors. Drinking in its prime. (95 pts.)
Want to try this one and the 91!
I have one of the 1990s left – come to Seattle!

Ron will be out this summer. Offline! [cheers.gif]