TN: 1302 points worth of 2015 Bourgogne AC

Let me add my thanks to you, William. Interesting background on the picking.

William – thank you so much for the added colour on Guillemot. Machine or not, what they’re doing appears to be working for them (and me)!

Howard – it’s a shame that I couldn’t get the 15 Dublere into the tasting as well. I’m sure it would have showed very well. I loved the 15 Grandes Terres which was poured at a dinner with Blair last year. I’m sure it would have showed well in this lineup.

2015 Pierre Labet Bourgogne VV is worth a look, has a touch of wood but Im pretty sure it will be absorbed with some time, really very nice wine and good value. I grabbed one off the rack at a wine shop on a whim, liked it enough to go back for a 6 pack

My pleasure, folks.

BTW, two 2015 Bourgognes that might have performed well in this tasting would have been Thierry Glantenay’s and Nicolas Rossignol’s. The Glantenay in particular is not well-known and very reasonably priced. I had a bottle in Beaune at the end of the last year to see how it compared to its showing from barrel and it was delicious. Rossignol’s is a bit more serious but also a bit more expensive.

After watching Back to Burgundy, I’m quite confident the Guillemots are making the right decision by machine harvesting.

[snort.gif]

but… they were all 93pts?

i liked the notes though! glad to see these are all good buys!

I had similar experience with Fourrier’s Bourgogne…It was dilute and the Village VV was too ripe for my taste!

I have the HN Bourgogne on the docket, excited to try it after reading your note.

I had the Bachelet Bourgogne last week, and loved it.

But he gave them both 93 points. [beatoff.gif]

I missed this the first time reading this thread. I loved that show, when I could pick it up at night up here. One line still sticks in my mind years later: “plane go boom”. The guy had some twisted but hilarious humor.