TN: '07 Lapierre Vin de Pays de Gaules

12.5% alcohol, ~$13, screw-cap.

• 2007 Marcel Lapierre Vin de Pays de Gaules - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Vin de Pays de Gaules (6/20/2009)
    This is such a happy little wine. We paired it with pizza last night, and we couldn’t get enough of it. Consistent with our previous notes, this bottle is brimming with red berry and grapey goodness. The acidity is mouth-watering, and the fruit flavors carry over to the palate. There is a wild, Earthy edge to this wine that keeps it from venturing too far into fruit punch territory. Delightful.
  • 2007 Marcel Lapierre Vin de Pays de Gaules - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Vin de Pays de Gaules (3/30/2009)
    Great fun in a glass. Mostly fruit-- strawberry, raspberry, and grape juice-- with just the faintest earthy something-or-other at the core. Brightly acidic (but never sour) on the palate, with the same fruit profile as the nose. The finish is short but very pleasant. This wine is the very definition of “slurpable”, and would be just as enjoyable from a tumbler as a red wine stem.

Posted from CellarTracker

Happy is right - this wine puts a smile on my face. Great summertime red. In addition to being the perfect pizza wine, I can imagine this lightly chilled with bbq chicken or burgers.

Cool. After seeing your note I checked CT - it looks like this is the first vintage brought into the US (or maybe the first vintage of this at all.)
I’ll definitely be on the lookout. Sounds right up my alley.

Scott, I think the '08 may already be in the US too, but we haven’t seen it or tried it yet.