TN: 02 CdC + 17 Comte Lafon Meursault-Poruzots

It’s been a solid event weekend of some amazing wines, so I had to keep the level high for a date night.

• 2002 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (7/17/2022)
    PnP. Absolutely stunning with just a few minutes of air. Fully integrated flavor profile and acid, tightly wound mousse that continues to open in the glass, finish of citrus zest with a touch of puckering acid that lingers and calls you back for another sip. This is absolutely in the zone right now. (96 pts.)
  • 2017 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (7/17/2022)
    Opened about 30 min in advance. A perfect balance of white fruit, mineral, citrus and acid. A complete wine from front palate interest through a solid mid-palate weight to an expansive finish. There’s absolutely nothing to dislike in this wine, but as Brad pointed out, there is an electricity that you expect from Lafon that is missing at this point. Will hold the rest of the bottles for a couple of years. (95 pts.)
1 Like

The ‘02 Comtes had been great since release and is even better from magnum.

Nice, I have a decent stockpile of 02 cdc; big fan of 02.

Looks I haven’t touched any of my 02 comtes since early 2016. Sounds like I need to rectify that.