THEOPOLIS VINEYARDS' BERSERKER DAY SALE EXTENDED - UP TO 25% OFF WITH FREE SHIPPING!

Tasted the '15 a few weeks ago. I’d recommend to cab lovers. Balanced and complex with good fruit; not too inky or overly tannic. Can consume now with a little air, but needs a few years to reach its peak.

Thanks Mike for your feedback on the 2015 Petite and agree that Cab Lovers would like it.

Hi Theodora! Could you add some color to your notes on the 2015 Petite?

Tasting Note: This Estate Grown Petite Sirah is our biggest, boldest and most elegant wine made in the Old World style of winemaking.

How do big, bold and elegant knit together??

Dave, here are comments from Vinous: Brilliant purple. A heady bouquet displays scents of ripe blackberry, incense and pungent flowers, and a spicy nuance adds lift. Coats the palate with dark fruit liqueur and floral pastille flavors; a spine of juicy acidity provides lift and focus. The long, clinging finish offers building tannins and echoes the spice and floral qualities.

The 2015 petite is bigger than our 2013 petite, meaning the fruit is ripe with rich aromas and flavors of dark flowers and dark berries. Yet its velvety tannins and great balance show the elegant side of the variety.

Hope this adds some color to our notes on the 2015 Petite

Lady Theo - great to see you here!

I am looking forward to having dinner with you again, although I know your schedule is much tougher to manage than mine is!

Merrill, we were just talking about you last night. I will be speaking at a legal conference on March 14 in Oakville, and we could connect afterwards. Or I will be pouring at the Petite Masters on March 18 so it may be better to connect that weekend as planning to stay in Napa that weekend. Will reach out once plans are in place. Looking forward to dining with you again.

Thanks for extending the sale. In for some reet petite!

Very happy you extended the sale. I had a BD limit and had to make some tough choices yesterday. Fortunately, today is not BD, so that limit is no longer relevant!

I Picked up a 3 pack of the 2013 PS. I’ve begun to get into PS recently and have really enjoyed some Carlisle and Frank Family. Once I saw you had sold grapes to Mike Officer and read more about the style, I just knew i had to try yours. Thanks again!

Received the wine today!!! What are we looking at for drinking windows? Thanks again!

So glad your wine arrived safely, and hope you enjoy.

The 2013 is drinking well now, but will be at optimal drinking in 2019

The 2015 is best after 2025 according to Jim Gordon of Wine Enthusiast who said this about the wine:

Theodora Lee is making brilliant wines from her estate property in Mendocino County. Great concentration and a monumental structure help this wine stand out, even in a field crowded with those qualities. It tastes a little quiet and tight now, and needs time to mellow so that more complexity and richness comes out. Still, it already shows intriguing layers of black pepper, black fig, blueberry and graphite. Best after 2025.

Antonio Galloni Presents Vinous Suggests that it will be best between 2023-2029.

I hope this helps