The ultimate in excessibe ballerness

Thanks for that. Well south of P-L, so well outside historic (well, at least last couple centuries, who knows re Roman) areas considered best for dry wines. All his neighbors seem to be in the $7-15 market.

Not sure yet. May have to be in Abu Dhabi blush

I’m more interested in his 150-year old horse.

deadhorse

Since founding Liber Pater, Loic Pasquet has focused on reviving forgotten Bordeaux varietals and producing the finest wines possible from his well-sited vineyards which frequently receive ratings over 90 points by top wine critics. He insists on farming organically and only uses a 150 year old plough and horse in the vineyards to avoid disturbing the ecosystem any more than is necessary. His is a true success story against a wider trend […]

Sounds a lot like a guy I remember mailing a lot with in Burgundy around 2012-2013-2014. He also was taking the road least traveled… What was his name???

That is true. I wonder how the wines will fare as the climate changes, given the terroir he has chosen for those varieties.

The second wine looks to be around $80, which is still above the norm for the appellation, but a bit more palatable (at least price-wise).

It’s amazing he can choose to declassify multiple years, but he does only have to find 100 takers/year, and I can’t imagine he paid the going rate for a top left bank vineyard.

LOL me to.

if you buy it, be very careful about posting a TN.

They should have waited- Marselan is one of the grapes now approved for Bordeaux (but not Graves or any more prestigous appellation)
But I am confused because they talk of historic Bdx varieties, but Marselan seems to have been bred in 1961?

Yet Leve gave it yet another 94!

I’d assume that abandoned vineyards in a non-wine area NEAR some wineries that get $7-15 bottle was pretty close to free. And he’s only need to sell 10-20 bottles to net more than his neighbors would gross for 5,000+ cases

So the question is are billionaires/centi-millionaires really that gullible?
I know there are people who will buy anything for prestige.
But they usually go for something with proven track record for prestige.

If they do any due diligence:
Winemaker with little record (but fraud convictions)
Area that does not produce any prestige wines
Grapes that are typically in cheap wines
Wines that have no history of aging
Wines with no history of appreciation/resale
Wines with no critic scores except lots of Leve press releases in low to mid 90s (and one Vinuous I can’t see as non-subscriber)

Leve gives mostly 94s but read like PR releases. The great thing is the new oak- till they switch to amphora- how traditional!

Get in on the ground floor baby.

Le Secret des Grands Chefs (‘SGC’) is a good example of this sort of thing. As far as I can tell, SGC only lasted two vintages. A massive amount of hype around them but very little in terms of real tasting notes.

The great thing is the new oak- till they switch to amphora- how traditional!

Yeah, this really made me laugh.

I’d never heard of this, just read Jancis and Decanter articles, from CT looks like only 2009 and 2010 released (and 1 late 2006). But maybe it’s a secret. [snort.gif]

35 bottles in CellarTracker [wow.gif]

For those who can read French, there’s an interesting thread on La Passion du Vin forum on Liber Pater. Loic Pasquet participated in it initially, but stopped responding when the hard questions came up.
Guy is a fraud, pure and simple.

Alain

Alain, can you post a link please. Could not find it when I googled.

Here you go:

Alain

Thanks

Tout ce qui est excessif est insignifiant.