The Rapid, Unfortunate Decline of Bobby Orlando’s Palate

He prefers '07

At this point I’d guess with a knife and fork. How the mighty have fallen…

I have read that for a lot of people as they get older they lose their palates and can only really taste the big, over-oaked, high alcohol wines. I guess this is happening here. I am afraid we will start seeing a lot of posts about how unfairly Rolland is maligned and about what a great palate Leve has. It is sad. pileon [popcorn.gif]

En Magnum. Of course.

Look, the Ovid-Owl has never been a fan of Burgundy or restrained Pinots. That along with his new found passion for lumberyard high-test…what additional evidence is required?

RT

Of course this could be entirely staged to save face, but these boxes have a smattering of each of the following:

472F8105-F65E-49EC-AFD8-15B0BF821DAF.jpeg
Not sure why the 2001 Montrose is missing.

Good stuff!

[whistle.gif]

Give yourself credit, you’ve seen the direction Bordeaux is headed. The writing’s on the wall. You’re proactively adapting. A man ahead of his time.

RT

I think the first hints of a problem were the many times when he spelled Montrose as “Monstrose.” Obviously cries for help:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55428&p=728892&hilit=monstrose#p728892 (post 21)

The Person to Blame for High Prices on Bordeaux - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (post 26)

One nice burg, and one BDX - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (post 6)

Massive 2005 Bordeaux Retrospective (Long) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (post 45)

TN: Chateau Montrose with Mr. Herve Berland - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (post 18, see post 20)

Big Bigger Biggerest: 2007 Clos du Papes, 2003 Monstrose, 2010 Rieussec - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (title of thread)

TN: Saturday Bordeaux - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers (post 8)

I am a bit nervous to be stalked like that!

Damn…dats sum Monstruous detective work

I may be hitting that Macallan late tonight.

Client dinner at 6:30, first. Heavy politics day. Need cleansing.

If you only knew how flattered Alfert is right now…somewhere he is blushing over some 28 brix ‘Island of Dr. Monstrose’ concoction.

Honestly, I remembered you doing this once and did search for it as it fit in this thread. I started laughing when I got the search results and found that was far from a one time occurrence. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Bobby, send me your Loire and AFWE-style Rhone wines… I’ll find them a home with an owner they can still respect.

Try searching for “Gruard” and you’ll never stop laughing.

[thankyou.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] Noticed a familiar name coming up repeatedly. [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [help.gif]

Gruaud is the worst!

I mean, really. Who else spells wine that way!?

Is that “merican oak wine” I see there in the upper left corner? :wink:

Alf is drinker, not spelling champ.

-Al

Ha. And the spelling gets worse as the night progresses. I’ll go back to having my associates write my posts. Although these millennials . . . . .