The Generosity of Berserkers

I assumed the unknown berserker was you

Agreed, very well done

What a wonderful post and story. Thank you both — giver and recipient.

As many have said, I’ve been stunned and inspired by the generosity of the wine and WB community. The sharing is so wonderful - to show up in a random city and to be taken to dinner with amazing wines, or even welcomed into people’s homes (again with amazing wine). I love participating in that ethos and sharing what I have.

And yet today I see that we can do more, we can always do more. In our own little fortunate world of wine, we can demonstrate the best of what makes us human.

Wish I could.

Hmmm. I’ve never tried a Riesling. Are they any good? Wish I could afford one and knew where to find them.

:wink:

Awesome, cool for you, Brian. You are a good egg and a great addition to this forum.

1 Like

This is a beautiful story. Especially when we see so much evil in the world. Hugs and love to the Berserker who sent you the wine. I hope we can collectively do something nice for Frank.

Ha! If only there were people who could help you out… champagne.gif

Beautiful story, Brian. To me, generosity is the true spirit of wine. And one kind deed inspires another, as we see. Bravo WB!

Wine folk are the best. I am endlessly grateful to all those who have taken time and effort to enrich my wine experience, and find it equally rewarding to pay it forward.

I have experienced the great generality of the Berzerker and Cellar Tracker community Over the years and have tried to pass it on when I can. This is an example of extreme generosity and kudos to the giver and congrats to the recipient.

BTW, I have really been wanting to get into aged Burgundy, especially DRC. If there is anyone out there with some to spare, I can PM you my address.

Looks like I need to make the short trip over and fix poor Robert’s problem. But, methinks he doth cryeth wolfeth a little bith though.

Nah. I’m not really a DR. BÜRKLIN-WOLF fan. Bring over that Keller Gmax stuff.

I bet I could make you a Burklin-Wolf fan.

Ich habe das! But you need to try some Julien Haart and Willi Schaefer which I have tons of.

BTW Brian, this is so cool!!! Your friend is awesome!!

I have plenty of Willi Schaefer. Have had Julian Haart awhile ago and wasn’t really into the wines for reasons I can’t remember.

Well we need to fix this. I believe in J Haart’s Pradikats with utmost emphasis!!!

Come to DC and we will get some Blue Nun for you to try.

for anyone reading, my resolution is to try to learn about the Burgundy Grand Cru btw.

neener

1 Like

It’s probably better if fewer people like them since they are fairly unobtainable anyway. Kudos to the sender of this 6-pack!
A

1 Like

I can second this experience. I was having an PM exchange with a Berserker, who I’ll keep anonymous, about a particular hard to find Piedmont producer and my interest in trying some of the Barbera and Dolcetto (I have some of the Barolo). Weeks later, a four pack just showed up on my porch.

Another Berserker provided me three bottles of aged Bordeaux for the price of…homemade cookies.

There are some true gems on this site. [cheers.gif]