The best or memorable vacation spot was...

Most memorable was on my honeymoon in 1975. First time in Europe on a 2 week package on TWA. First week was to be beach area in Malaga. Neither my wife nor I are beach people so we wanted to take some side trips that were promised, but there were none available on our group package. So what was memorable, we rented a car and drove to Seville, stayed overnight at the Alfonso XIII, saw the sights, took a carriage ride at night and used my high school Spanish to converse with the driver, drove back the next day to Malaga through the mountains stopping in Ronda for lunch and visiting Zahare and Marbella. Wife and I have been back to Europe at least 1 or 2 times a year since taking only self drive trips. Many better trips, but none more memorable than the adventure of our first time on the road on our own. First week spent in first of probably 20 visits to Paris comes close

Safari in Tanzania with my then teen age kids and my dad. Beautiful and amazing. All those fantasies I had as a kid watching Mutual Of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom became an even better reality

A few come to mind, kinda ranked I guess…

Varenna, Italy
Chateau Lake Louise, Canada
Virgin Gorda, BVI
Chiapas, Mexico
Tokyo
Julian Alps & Lake Bled
Loire Valley
Paris
Hallstatt, Austria
Venice
Sedona
Amalfi Coast

The most memorable place I have ever visited was Petra, Jordan.

A few come to mind…
Galapagos
Macchu Picchu
Komodo Island
Luxor

Hopefully, many more to come.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

next time splurge a little and go to bellagio or wynn.

neener

Amalie coast; breath taking

South Africa for me, Cape Town and safari. Its amazing how many great sights/experiences there are on the western cape (Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope, Kirstenbosch botanical garden, wine country), and then seeing the animals while on safari is just the coolest. I look forward to doing some of the safari/nature-related trips that others have mentioned here.