The 2015 Kutch Wines....Done Blind With The OC Gang

Decided to check in on the 2015 SC tonight. Drinking nicely, possessing some good structure still and I like the presence of the whole cluster that the wine continues to show.

• 2015 Kutch Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (8/11/2019)
    Opened an hour ago. Drinking at room temp (73f) with the wine still enjoying a light chill. The stems in this bottle are more evident, notably first in the aromatics where they provide an herbal note. Mixing with the whole cluster is some fragrant red berry. The palate here is what continues the same enthusiasm I have posted in previous notes on this wine, a purity of red fruits that is lovely to drink. Strawberry, cranberry, blueberry are what are most dominant, along with some red cherry. The fruit is then supported by some astringence, which I would attribute to the stem tannin that is still within the wine. I don’t find the stems messing with the palate of the wine, and if anything giving the fruit a touch of savory but that is about it. So, if you’re not offput by some whole cluster, and how that informs the aroma, then you will find the fruit and structure here in a good place and the wine cruising right along for some more time in the bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker