That time…coastal decompressing with Raveneau and friends!

Great start! Notes to follow…

8 Likes

Shows how great the 2011 AOC is…had it here last month, and this MdT is not hierarching higher. Still a fabulous drink of Rav…super lemon tarts, crushed oyster, sea air… really fresh and floral, vibrant with energy…classic wax and extract…caramel corn…just doesn’t shift gears and floor it! But still…Rav is Rav…and nothing better to drink by the sea! 94pts

8 Likes

MDT can be an interesting wine when it comes to performance. I had a 17 MDT earlier this year that was good not great, still quintessential Rav though - then an 08 MDT that was all fireworks, and one of my top wines of the year. I think of all the 1er crus maybe this one needs the most time?

1 Like

Love the views and I bet the Raveneau will open up with some extended swirling. But I have to ask, Raveneau paired with a burger? No oysters on the menu? Fish tacos? Lobster roll?

:call_me_hand:

Just kidding Buzz, you do you and pair it with whatever you want. Enjoy the weekend!

1 Like

Yeah–all it probably needs is a three hour decant. Looks like all you really need is some sunshine.

1 Like

2017 Cedric Bouchard Val Vilaine…wine is drinking SO engaging and effortless right now…its all about creamy grey salt caramel chews…bright lemon squeeze, dried apple rings, red delicious apple skin…the bubbles are still dancing with grace…love the nuanced leesy brioche and crushed limestone chalk…just a wonderful balanced mouthful of goodness…crazy that there is zero dos! 95pts

3 Likes

OMG…great burger, great wine, great view…it’s the best!:sunglasses:

some of my favorite wines! And a burger!

1 Like

Strawberries n cream with a little raspberry jam buttered toast…crisp and refreshing blood orange citrus…kiss of salty ocean air! It’s lovely!

6 Likes

I guess we had just missed Taylor Swift and Bradly Cooper by a few days…the Leflaive shows the greatness of the 2010 vintage…yet this bottle not as grand as last one…little white mushroom and baked apples showing…nice volume and mouthfeel…honeycomb, lemon marmalade, white flower florals…crushed flint-stone…some reduction match strike…creamy smooth, yet lacking vibrancy…little dull…nice barrel vanilla spice…all in all Leflaive at age 14 for AOC satisfies! 93pts

Bicyclette!

2 Likes

Tell the gardener not to put his yard clippings on your pizzas.

1 Like

That was my salad course!:grin:

This gnocchi dish is the greatest thing on earth!:drooling_face:

1 Like

ill be back in carmel in a few weeks, will clean out your raveneau stash with my family.

Ravs are long gone…these are all from my cellar! :grin: Take me with you!

Looks like you’re living well, Buzz…nice work, and great reporting on the wines. My wife, who is a certified Gnocchi junkie, swears that the Gnocchi at Casanova is as good as it gets. If memory serves, I believe that La Bicyclette is under the same ownership and that dish looks on par…it must have been magical with the Leflaive. Well done, sir.

1 Like

absolutely! i’ll put you next to nikko.

1 Like

Was not aware they have the same owner, that’s interesting if true. I’ve met the Casanova owners, wish I had known that.