Thanksgiving dinner mishap - 1982 Mouton

Seriously! [swearing.gif]

Good question, Larry. They wouldn’t tell me much about the history. According to them it was stored properly. I would hope at least one bottle would be in ok condition, but all 3 were just gone.

Maybe, that person was in charge of Disservice and Disregard.

I am so sorry. Perhaps, if you have saved the bottles and other evidence, your credit-card company may be able to raise a dispute.

What did you serve with those Cabs on Thanksgiving???

I’m sorry to hear about the 82 Moutons, and I’m equally sorry that HDH wasn’t able to help. As a frequent buyer in auctions (including HDH), I understand that auction buyers purchase wines with no guarantees, but all of the auction houses clearly talk up every cellar to instill confidence in what is being sold.

With wines in auction, my recommendation is to stay away from lots that say ‘multiple importers.’ I see that your Mouton bottles were multiple importers. I feel that this improves (but does not guarantee) success if buying auction lots of wines with only one importer.

Sorry to hear that… should have bought from us. All our stock comes directly out of Europe and has never left professional managed cellars. Its when wine has been poorly looked after by a non professional that these things happen. We only sell OWC’s and they have never been delivered to a private cellar. Got a 86 MR in OWC and a Margaux and Latour 82 OWC if anyone is interested. Drop me a note and I’ll send a photo.

I think that you’re being too nice to these guys!
At that $$$ price, I’d be FRIGGIN’ pissed!
At the VERY least, they should have responded back to your last query. What dicks.
Besides not standing by their product, on principle, I will never order from these indifferent Bozos.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Hey man - welcome to the board…but just an fyi that many of your posts seem to be…‘boardering’ on commercial. You might want to check this rules on that in the FAQ/rules section :slight_smile:

Cheers Rich. Didn’t mean to overstep… The facts are that I have bought and sold many many more cases of wine than I have drunk so I’m much more knowledgible about buying and selling wine than I am about drinking it… I started as a broker selling investments in vintage wines in the early 2000’s so if there is anything I can give to the group in terms of input and knowledge its smple things like dont buy old wines at auction… If you can buy wine that has never left a bonded warehouse and therefore never left the perfect conditions a wine should be kept at then you will never have these problems. With young wines fine but older wines its much more important to look at provenence but hey we all know that. But yea I am here for business and have bought a commercial license on this site to do so. I hope along the way I can help and also be of service and I dont come across too pushy.