Thanksgiving 2023

I’m such a big fan of that book. The chicken and parsnips braised in cider is one of my favorites. Glad to see it mentioned.

3 Likes

We are fans as well! I’ll have to try the chicken and parsnips. I love it for the vegetable section, because it tends to break us out of our steaming and roasting rut. The red cabbage (with ginger and maple) is very good, and not too sweet or tangy.

2 Likes

No pics after the meal came out but this was a beautiful charcuterie board my wife put together, and with only the 2 of us drinking wine that day we were able to have these 2 bottles all to ourselves!

2 Likes

We did a 2012 Tablas Creek Espirit de Tablas 1.5L. Soft cork thart crumbled away but the wine was intact and was a big hit.

IMG_5778

1 Like

Gamay stole the day for us. 2021 Domaine Dandelion pet nat and the 2020 Foillard Cote Du Py.

The pet nat was a big hit for people I didn’t really expect it to be.

We had the 2020 and I thought it was great. Will hold my 2021s for a while. Wonder what you mean by grumpy if you can recall! Thanks.

1 Like

It was not showing much aroma. The mouth was disjointed parts, a little fruit there but mostly structure, fairly tannic, bitter finish. Grumpy meaning not happy to be opened at that moment. I think it will turn out fine with a few years horizontal.

1 Like