Tenth Wedding Anniversary wine

If my wife said that, I would interpret as

“1. Yes it’s ok to bring a bottle, but 2. don’t sit there and all you do is analyze, talk, and obsess over the wine”.

I would bring a reasonably nice bottle (not a trophy), that you can just forget, drink, and enjoy the evening with.

Hope I’m not too late to play, but…

2000 Deutz, Brut, Aÿ … 185
2000 Moët et Chandon, Dom Pérignon, Epernay … 330

It IS your 10th anniversary for sheesh sakes!

And since really this night is going to be about your wife I’d recommend stuff she might like but maybe that she’s not used to to expand the wine palate…

2007 Turley Zinfandel, Dusi, Paso Robles … 138
2007 Tablas Creek Vineyard, Espirit de Beaucastel,
(Grenache/Syrah/Mourvédre/Counise) Paso Robles … 97

and honestly,

2007 Duckhorn Merlot, Napa Valley … 116

I know I’ll probably get the evil eye from the vinirati of all things new and hip, but I hadn’t tasted in years and revisited this vintage at a tasting and was pleasantly surprised. I’ll put money down that your wife will love it.

Congrats!

On 2nd thought this HAS to be a mistake right?
I mean, $49 would still be gouging a bit, but would make a lot more sense…

All notes are from memory rather than anything written. Before we left, my in laws came to stay with the kids and we all shared:

2007 Berncasteler Doctor Riesling Kabinett Mosel

Pale gold, honeyed nose. Bright palate with citrus and apricot. Nice acidity as well. Would be a great pair with a spicy Thai dish.

Crush is first class. They comped us two glasses of bubbly since it was our anniversary, and to my wife’s delight, I didn’t even ask what it was. We just enjoyed a toast and drank it with our apps which were fennel risotto with scallops and a warm pumpkin and chanterelle salad.

We ordered short ribs and duck breast for our entrees and I decided on a 2007 Chateau Fortia Cuvee de Baron Chateauneuf du Pape. It was just stunning to see in the Riedel Bordeaux glasses, and strutted it’s stuff nicely with sweet raspberry kirsch, herbal notes and a firm tannic grip. Paired wonderfully with our proteins.

The list was quite a bit different than the online one. The Belleruche was in fact $49 rather than $149.

Had a glass of 2005 Rieussec Sauternes for dessert which was served way too cold.

Great night, highly recommend Crush. Here’s to more years of marriage!

I see that Anthony did not take any of the suggestions in the thread. Smart man.

In retrospect, a bit self indulgent and obnoxious on my end. For whatever reason though, when we settled on the duck breast, the cndp page became laser focused to me.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

probably why he’s remained married for 10 years.

Yeah, had to be. $149 == total insanity.

Has been the single best meal we’ve had in Seattle.
Liked it a lot more than Rovers.

And $49 isn’t? Have you tried Luc yet?

Ten years of wedded bliss. So, how long have you been married. [snort.gif] [tease.gif]

Anyway, congratulations.

Matter of degree I guess.
$49 == ridiculous (5x)
$149 == total insanity (15x)
Both bad deals.

Have not been to Luc yet - looks nice in a casual way.
Interesting and fairly reasonable wine list.
Of course, Rover’s wine list looks pretty reasonable compared to Crush.

I like the food more @ Crush. I like all aspects of the service more at Rovers and Canlis. Once at Rovers, we went in and they had just received a shipment of Boxler wines. I have no idea how it happened, but some of the sommelier’s sample bottles ended up on our table. A good time was had by one and all. This wouldn’t happen at Crush. Although, once a few years ago I got to taste the same Washington v. Australia blind Syrah tasting that the staff had experienced earlier that day. Needless to say, I was tanked.

Ah- the pre-kid days of Seattle restaurants!

All of this is our obsession to talk and plan. Reality is the retrospect…maybe!

Wow, bubbly with appetizers, CdP with duck and a taste of short ribs, Sauternes for dessert and a little time away from kidlets would be a nice anniversary evening for me. Must plan something special for 33 next July!