Tench Winery

70 cases. That’s going to be an interesting release to see who all gets access

Dear Friends,
We want to thank you for your early interest in Tench Vineyards. Thank you for signing up and being a part of something truly momentous and personal for us. It is amazing for us to realize how far we have come – from being a kid running through the vineyard, eating some Cabernet grapes for an afternoon snack - to taking on the responsibility of tending to this land (and watching our own kids eat some Cabernet grapes for an afternoon snack!). We are honored to build on what the Tench grandparents started by now crafting our own wine in our estate winery mere steps from where the grapes have grown – allowing the full expression of our unique site in our wine.
It is hard to believe, but our inaugural release day is quickly approaching, and we are reaching out with some additional information to make our first-ever offering go smoothly.
This inaugural release includes our 2017 Tench Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, and our 2019 Tench Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc. These wines will be available for purchase starting at 10am Pacific Time on Monday February 10th, 2020. We will send an email in the morning of February 10th with a link that will provide you quick access to our website to make a purchase.
Our production volumes are limited and we will offer our wines on a first come, first served basis. With a purchase of 6 bottles or more, we will cover the cost of shipping within the continental U.S. We anticipate shipping our wines late March or early April (weather permitting). Please note that an adult signature will be required upon delivery. If you are located outside the U.S., please reach out to us at estate@tenchvineyards.com or +1 707 346 2004 to discuss shipping options

Here is a description of the wines we are so very excited to offer for our first release.

Our 2017 Tench Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon grapes were picked only weeks after our newly built winery was completed - we were truly giddy bringing our own grapes into our own facility! These grapes come from the rockiest portion of the vineyard, closest to the Silverado Trail, which is characterized by rocky, red and volcanic soil. This part of the vineyard is planted to SEE clone and offers notes of blueberries, violets, crushed rock and mineralities. It showcases a balanced elegance and purity of fruit with velvety tannins and freshness. - $195 per bottle

Our 2019 Tench Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc had the good fortune of being picked exclusively by our 2019 intern crew – the care and handle of these grapes from pick through tank was incredible and we think the proof is in the bottle! Our estate grown Sauvignon Blanc comes from our south/west “block 7” portion of the vineyard, which is characterized by its gravelly and loamy soil. It is a blend of two different clones, clone 1 and clone musque, that give it its unique complexity and richness. We harvested this low yielding block during two separate picks – allowing about half the fruit to enjoy a slightly extended hang time which provides depth to this elegant and bright Sauvignon Blanc. - $60 per bottle

We hope you will enjoy these wines. Please let us know when you are visiting the Napa Valley as we would love to host you.

Sincerely,

Margaret Tench and the entire Tench Vineyards team.

I received the allocation email last week and am hopeful to be able to secure a few bottles of the Tench Cabernet today.

Does anyone know how to add this bottle to Cellar Tracker? If I’m lucky enough to secure a few bottles, I would like to add it to my Cellar Tracker but I don’t know how to add a bottle that isn’t recognized by the database.

Thanks for the assistance,
Bill

ordering is open, in for three!

Order in. In for 4 CS and 3 SB.

In for 3CS // 3SB.

Lets see what it’s all about.

In for a 3pk of the Cab.

In 4 a Cab 6’er ! [cheers.gif]

Glad I saw this thread, forgot all about it, in for 3 each.

Absolutely amazing. Had a tasting, tour of the vineyard, barrel tastings, and even met Russell Bevan. The Tenchs are an amazing family! The wine is absolutely spectacular. Everyone in my group (7) bought multiple bottles.

I’ll provide more details when I’m home.

Very similar feedback as Andrew: amazing people, amazing property and amazing wine. Prior to visiting I had ordered 6x CS but after tasting I added 6x SB to my order. All their wines were delicious and the way they plan to incrementally add to their portfolio is a great strategy. We had an absolute blast and will certainly plan to have a return visit soon!

Checking to see if anyone else hadn’t heard anything since placing an order. I placed an order on February 26 and immediately received an email confirmation. However, I hadn’t heard or seen anything yet, so I hit “check order status” and it shows on the site as, “Unfulfilled.” Does this mean they sold out before, or that they’re just behind…? I obviously sent a note via their website to inquire, but haven’t heard back just yet. Not dying to open one yet, but more curious as to what others’ experiences have been.

This is what my order said regarding the ship date

Order Confirmation

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your purchase. This email is to confirm your order with Tench Vineyards. We appreciate your support very much.

While we get your order ready please double check the details below and let us know if anything needs changing.

We will send you another email as soon as we ship your order (which we expect to be late March or early April, weather permitting).

Thanks, Jeff!

Just received this very nice email back from Margaret Tench:

Thanks for reaching out! We are planning to ship you your wine at the end of the month as planned - hopefully within the next week or two.

I note that you put in the following as your shipment address: xxxx

Is this still correct? Or would you like your wine shipped somewhere else (in the case you had provided a work address and would now like the wine to be shipped to your home)?

Again, thanks for reaching out and we look forward to getting you our Tench Vineyards Cabernet sooner rather than later!

Really excited for these! I’m going to keep one at home and drink it in the not-too-distant future (because I have no experience with Tench and want to set a baseline), and stash the others in the offsite.

Any more experience with this particular winery’s plots? It’s another Bevan made wine and he already has two Tench subs. Curious how this wine stands up to his and others (Riverain, etc). Thanks!

My wife and I visited with Margaret last July. The estate red is solid and a reasonable price point. The Bromfield blend is good and a relative value for Napa these days. Among our favorite wines of the entire trip was the Tench Sauvignon Blanc…blew us away. Plan to pick up the Cab Franc as well.

I’m in again this year, for sure for the Tench Cab, need to figure out budget for whatever else.