Temp/humidity sensors?

My wirelesstag battery seems to have died … again. Just six months of service this time, and set to transmit only every 30 minutes. The tag is about six inches from the base unit, so distance shouldn’t be a factor. The first battery lasted only four months or so, though the tag was set for more frequently sampling then. This is quite frustrating when the site is remote – 75 miles away in my case.

Check with support if you haven’t. I had a setting on mine to communicate data far more rapidly than made sense and support told me what to change. It hasn’t affected performance, but did extend battery life.

that said, I think the “battery low” warning really doesn’t work. The units seem to throw off bad data or no data well before the low battery warning hits.

I have had a very good experience with SensorPush

After replacing the first battery, I set the sampling period to 30 minutes or an hour so it was transmitting much less frequently. Six months still seems kind of short.

Mine showed 17% before it stopped transmitting, but I got no warning. I only discovered the low level after the signal stopped.

Thanks. It seems the battery isn’t the issue. I get a “Tag manager is not connected to the internet,” even when the tag manager is plugged into the wifi router directly. I think it may have died. But I’ll contact support. (My phone and this PC have perfect wifi connection.)

The support web page offers the following instructions, but this doesn’t make much sense, since normally I’m connecting to the tag via my iPhone and the internet. The settings on my PC (which I think is what it’s telling me to check – this is hardly clear to a non-technie) shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

Nor should there be any firewall issue. This worked for more than a year, save for two period with dead batteries. As of last week, i go the error message about the tag manager not being connected to the internet.

Does this make more sense to anyone else out there?

Ethernet Tag Manager cannot connect to the Internet (getting “Your Tag Manager is not connected to Internet” error) 4/27/2017
You have to open out-going port for TCP 80 and 6667 (IRC) connection. Some firewall will initially allow IRC connection but cuts it after a while. In such case, you may get “Your Tag Manager is not connected to the Internet” even if the green “cloud” icon is lit.
While we cannot help you with configuring your firewall because the exact procedure is different depending on what kind of firewall you have, you can follow below procedure to confirm this problem is caused by your firewall and not by defective Tag Manager hardware:

1. Disable your laptop’s WiFi, and connect to the same Ethernet port you are using to connect your Tag Manager.
  2. For Windows, click start button, and type “cmd” to open command prompt, for Mac, type “terminal” in spotlight to open it.
  3. Type “telnet mytaglist.com 6667” then press enter in the window.
  4. If you get any kind of error message, you need to configure your firewall.
  5. type “USER a a a a” press enter and then “NICK bbbb” press enter. If you don’t get any error message that causes the “telnet” command to exit eventually, your firewall is properly configured.

Installed a LaCrosse wireless forecast station couple months ago in my le cache:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUOIQ8W

Sensor is 50 feet and three floors apart and been rock solid.