Tart ZWETSCHGENKUCHEN

It´s autumn and season for Zwetschgen. Zwetschge is a sub-specie of plum. Zwetschgenkuchen is very popular in Germany and often made with a yeast dough. My version is a little bit influenced by the french tart, as I like the french butter dough. In my view everything taste better with butter. haha

Ingredients

1 kg Zwetschgen

220g flour
100g butter
45g sugar
pinch salt
2-3 tbsp cold water
45g Piedmont hazelnuts grounded (optional)

Streusel: 100g flour, 80g cold butter, 45g sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon

Preparation

1. Combine flour, butter, sugar, salt, cold water and optional hazelnuts by hand or machine until you have a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for 2-3h or more.

1. Wash the fruit. Halve the fruit/Zwetschge and remove the pit.

1. Roll out the dough and put in a big Quiche form

1. Add the halved Zwetschge to the dough and put in the oven for 45-50min. by 200 C or 400F.

1. Meanwhile combine flour, butter sugar and grounded cinnamon for the Streusel. Use your fingers and combine everything until you have pellets.

1. 15min before the end of the baking process add the Streusel on top of the tart. Back into the oven.

1. Serve lukewarm with ice cream or whipped cream infused with vanilla pods. Or cold the next day, delicious too.

3 Likes

damn, but you make that look easy. So topping goes on about 30-35 minutes into the baking?

Yes

Fair to say you can add the cinnamon Streusel also after 15-20min into the baking.