Surveillance systems.

Just perspective Peter. I go into a situation believing there is a win for both parties, that I need a quality job, and my boss needs a quality employee. I don’t go into things believe the other party will become irrational and take inappropriate action.

[quote=“M Hudson”]Just perspective Peter. I go into a situation believing there is a win for both parties, that I need a quality job, and my boss needs a quality employee. I don’t go into things believe the other party will become irrational and take inappropriate action.[/

It saddens me that I have experience with the perspective I’ve based my remarks upon. I’d admit that one single incident doesn’t necessarily define a personality. For me the details just rang far too true to a personality type I’ve dealt with.

If you like where you are and what you do then you should work towards common ground and ask for a raise. I believe 3 years justifies trust. The fact is that after test driving the security system for the first week of so, he’ll most likely slow down or stop checking in. You could always propose the idea of your departure and having him in store more often.

Scrolling the Win Pimps forum, just read through this - yeah, avoiding doing my sales tax return and poking around WB. Fortunately, all cameras are only on myself and I’m tough on her! As a small business owner, I found the advice/discussion interesting. What happened Andy? Hope it all smoothed over and you’re thriving…

Thanks for checking in Emily. Long story short, I am no longer there, and now working in public safety. It’s been quite a change, and alot to learn, but I am really enjoying it. And even better the new position came with a significant raise and actual benefits (health, paid time off, etc).
I did stick around for about six months after this thread started. I was having trouble finding something else, and told myself I was being responsible by sticking it out. But I was so miserable. There’d be days I’d get there and sit in my car in the parking lot for ten minutes willing myself to go in before I could. I left without having anything else lined up, and found something else by the end of the week. I was making alot less money, but I was way happier.
I guess the lesson learned was that if I ever feel that miserable at a job again, I need to make a change even if there is no defined path out. After I left, two other full time employees gave two weeks notice to the owner, and were fired on the spot. I guess he didn’t take it very well!

Glad things worked out well for you, Andy; your old boss sounds like managing people isn’t something he should be involved with.