Super Bowl Wine Pairings

We had slow food and our wine is still decanting.

Pastichio and lettuce greens/avocado/walnut oil with a 2015 Roanoke Cabernet Franc(Long Island). The Roanoke is still tannic(% new oak?) but clearly will be a terrific wine after more time in the bottle or aeration. This has plenty of fruit to go the distance. Will try the remaining half bottle later in the week…should have mellowed by then.

A tool for whom/what? I don’t get the reference.

Merrill, sometimes the best question is the one not asked.

I went with this exact wine, G. Paired with a Crab Hoelzel (Pittsburgh Duquesne Club recipe) - It was way better than the game.

1/4 cup Tarragon vinegar

1/4 cup Cider vinegar

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1/4 cup EVOO

1 lb flaked (lump) crabmeat

1 tsp chopped chives

Delightful!!

I didn’t waste my time, but it sounds like No-Doz would have been the appropriate choice.

[stirthepothal.gif]

Especially, these days on this board, if you are female.

'13 Turley Dragon Cab and '15 Carlisle Montafi Zin with pan grilled fillet with mushroom sauce. The wine/food was great. The game - not so much.

Its not the worst term going by a long shot floating around from the model citizens on this site.

I’ll offer up Urban Dictionary to answer your initial question…

Bradyfreude-The enjoyment Patriots fans get from the snide comments and gnashing of teeth from the haters after the Pats win yet another Super Bowl.

Signed,
Ravens Fan

P.S. the appropriate wine would have been anything from Donkey & Goat.

David, your choice could have been a Ravenswould.

Patriot fans would have been in fine form serving up roasted mutton with a Mouton.

Oddly enough I’m a a bit of a Belichick/Brady fan because I’m super impressed by how they solve the riddle of how to be good at the game with whatever roster they have. Designing winning strategy around your people and their skills is a pretty rare trait. But still I found the game absolutely dull. Admittedly I’m off the NFL the last few years.

Wine: nice to hear that ‘13 Turley Cab was in good shape, haven’t touched any of mine yet. Time to pop one methinks.

The game was not dull. It was more of a football purist contest. I loved seeing how the defenses matched up to stifle two top offenses.