Sunriver/Bend OR recommendations?

Sorry, just saw this. My favorite is Crosswater (the other two offerings at Sunriver are adequate at best), followed closely by the courses at Pronghorn. Heard mixed reviews of Tetherow, but all agree it is hard.

1 Like

Thanks. What do you think of Juniper up in Redmond?

Never played there, but certainly looks nice.

I love Tetherow. Some unique and fun holes and a good layout. Some crazy greens. I think it’s the greens that give it a love it or hate it from people who play but I’m firmly in the love camp. Place is usually very firm and fast.

Crosswater is my other favorite in the area. Really good. It’s private but you can get on, certainly if you happen to be staying at the Sunriver resort in one of their rooms or in a rental house.

Pronghorn is a very good Nicklaus course. Fun holes, and randomly, the place smells great (I think it’s the Juniper trees or sage bushes or something) and it’ll be in very good condition. $330 is a bit steep I agree but you’d have a great time.

I’ve played Juniper. It’s pretty good, don’t have tons of distinct memories; not in the category of the ones above but I remember enjoying my round there. I think Juniper gets a lot of play from locals in the area as opposed to visitors, where the above courses probably have more of a mix.

Meadows and Woodlands are two others to consider. A bit more “resort” golf with some holes being lined by condos and houses, but these are both pretty decent courses as well.

1 Like

Very helpful, Ian, thank you. I’m in the “Love” camp for Tetherow, so that’s a definite.

Unrelated to the golf discussion, but I recently visited Bend and I’d recommend a visit to Viaggio Wine Bar. They gave a genuinely impressive Coravin BTG list that I wasn’t expecting when I dropped by. Got to try 2019 Cos d’Estournel and some Burgundy while I was there. I followed them on Instagram and they’ve since done pours of Cedric Bouchard, Dauvissat, Lynch Bages, and many more recognizable names