Sunday TNs: Three 2005 Rieslings from Nigl

Thought this would make a nice tasting with my wife’s pork chops (baked in onions, mushrooms, white wine and sharp cheddar). All three wines are drinking nicely, although I could see someone saying that the Privat will still get better with additional time.

• 2005 Nigl Riesling Hochäcker - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kremstal (5/27/2018)
    A shade in between the Privat and the “normale”. Another great nose here.

Also tasty on the palate, with good acidity for lift. Nice persistence. This strikes me as more mature than the Privat (or perhaps better stated, less time in front of it).

• 2005 Nigl Riesling Kremser Kremsleiten - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kremstal (5/27/2018)
    Light yellow-gold in the glass, with a nose best described as white fruit cocktail over slate. Slight petrol note as well. Great nose, even if my choice of words in describing it doesn’t really do it justice.

Dry and expansive on the palate, sweet and salty white fruits - delicious, and probably at peak.

• 2005 Nigl Riesling Privat - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kremstal (5/27/2018)
    Lighter in color than the “normale”; focused nose, with pineapple notes.

Taut and focused on the palate - this is unfortunately my last bottle, but I could easily seeing this wine lasting for another decade.

Posted from CellarTracker