Suggestions for an under-$50 Cal cab tasting?

For a mountain cab, Mount Veeder Winery still pulls it weight for a reasonable fee (29 at Costco)and is readily accessible.

Teeter-Totter makes a very nice Cab for just over $50. Drinks at well over its price.

Shameless shill. Congruence. www.congruencewines.com

Merryvale
Stags Leap Winery or Cellars
Heitz
Ridge Estate
Faust
Mount Veeder
Round Pond
Educated Guess
Ramey
Chateau Montelena
Chimney Rock
Napanook
St Supery

I thought you shut down shop?

Shameless? Nope. Great rec.

Buy the 1991 Beringer Knights Valley. I just bought a case for $35 per bottle, although it has been as cheap as $20 during the past two years.

Smith Madrone

Smith Madrone

Chappellet

Certainly, Ridge, Heitz, Chappellet and Ramey seem like the start of an interesting tasting.

Howard’s right. That would be an interesting tasting of different styles.

I’d be interested to know where folks are finding Chappellet and Round Pond for less than $50.

The Chappellet has moved above $50 in recent vintages but easy to grab for $50 with coupons. My local retailer has it for $55, but I get 10% off on mixed cases. Total Wine has it for $60, use its regular 20% off coupon.

I was going to but I have some remaining inventory and continuing steady, if not spectacular, sales. For state fees, etc., most are on an annual basis, so I figured I might as well stay open until all the wine is gone or the year ends. Whichever comes first.

I have many but nobody ever listens but will have at it again. Some may be over $50

1_Broman
2_Sandler Lazar
3_Ehlers
4_James Johnson
5_Regan
6_Domaine Georg Rafael
7_Hestan Vineyards
8_Hardin-bargain
9_Frank Family
10_Kuleto
11_Hoopes Vineyard
12_Dutch Henry winery
13_previous mentioned Congruence

Here are a few, some of which are well under the limit:

Briceland - Tends toward the red fruit side with nice brightness, the 2012 was 12.7%

Ghostwriter Bates Ranch (it may be a little over the price point) - Incredible pure mountain cabernet fruit, but loaded with tannin, it is actually drinkable now because of the quality and purity of the fruit, but really demands substantial time in the cellar.

Hobo - My note on the 2013 - A delightfully drinkable wine at 12.9% alcohol, with red currant and cranberry accented by a dash of spice and a touch of vanilla, held together and focused by supple tannin leading to a mouth-watering tart finish.

Korbin Kameron - Mountain CS in a nuanced and restrained style

Sandler - I haven’t opened one yet, but from a Berserker with a great track record

I think you can buy some vintages of Hall for $50
Maybe Matthiasson as well.

What does the hive think of Louis Martini Napa? Per a local retailer’s email blast the '14 just got a bazillion Parker points and sells for $35.

Last week I opened up the 2013 estate Round Pond. Normally $50 but I show that I got it for $41. Excellent Napa cab at $50 not complex but good drinking.