SQN offer out

Sin quo no interest…

Then why post? Looking to see if there are other haters? deadhorse

Appreciate the generous offer Dennis, let’s see what Amber says. I’m thinking it has to be a glitch unless the first come, first crack at wine with new additions is changing things around there?

Yeah I only noticed a Markus comment like this on this thread. Is this the only wine on the first page that you have no interest in? Or did you just choose to let everybody know here for some odd reason?

No problem

Purchased my 6+3 today. Looks like I have been on the list for 7 years now. 7 more to go maybe for mags? flirtysmile

Been on the list for 10 years. Only wished for more whites a few times. Started being offered 2 eba boxes about 7 yrs ago. And magnums of the Spring release, but I don’t always take the magnums. They often hint that the wine could be gone if you wait too long, but it’s never happened to me.

Marketing 101. Make it appear you might miss out unless you act now. I’d only imagine if they offered you a certain amount within the allocation period, they wouldn’t renege once you made the purchase.

What is the current wait list time? I am close to 6 years.

9-10 years. I came in at 9 years almost to the day last year. I seen some posts from a couple of people who have been waiting for 10 years, so I think the dividing line is somewhere in there.

They won’t renege once you make the purchase but if you wait until the last day your allocation may no longer be there. She said there is no worry in early in the window, but possible to lose out late. Not sure why they would go this route and still bring new people on, just have a tiered offering imo.

Received an email back and they said Grenache production was down so it was “normal” to be offered less. Haven’t heard from many here with dropping allocations though…makes me think they just don’t like me after 11 years [cry.gif]

Bought everything. 9 + 9 + 2 (mags). Just to repeat what I have often said, if anyone wants some of my allocation at cost, I am glad to share but request the following:

1 - You do not resell
2 - You are in OC (no shipping)
3 - You do the same for someone else

Nothing yet … maybe next tier?

Holy crap it went to spam…

On the list for 10+ years…no email yesterday and not in spam…logged in and allocation was there.

Same here

Do you think the Wine Advocate will revisit these ranges with a new reviewer?

Would it matter?

Same for me. No spam email and no email but offer in inbox. Thanks to fellow board member for heads up. :wink:

I believe Lisa P-B has declared herself the official SQN reviewer now. June 28th issue:

“In May, we took the opportunity to road trip south to Ventura to visit a trio of pretty exciting wineries that are based off the beaten trail toward Los Angeles. By we, I mean our other California reviewer—Erin Brooks—and I. For those who don’t know, Erin has been doing the heavy lifting when it comes to California reviews this year, covering well over a thousand wines from Sonoma down to Santa Barbara. I still cover Napa, parts of Sonoma and a bit of California Central Coast, including the wineries based around Ventura, not least of all: Sine Qua Non. This said, it was my view that Erin must also taste SQN’s wines even though she will not be reporting on them. It is incredibly important for her to understand this California benchmark as well as see the other wines she reviews in context.”

I don’t think so…but who knows these days.