Spectator top 100

For the fun of guessing, there hasn’t been any pinots on the list yet. They’ve been pro-oregon the last two years. My guess is there.

I’m leaning towards Domaine St.-Prefert Châteauneuf-du-Pape Collection Charles Giraud.

P Hickner

I’m going with Don Melchor.

Happy to see so many Rhone variety wines represented . . .

Both of these are prescient, based on the past trends in Wine Spectator’s “Top 100” listings - meaning, a Châteauneuf du Pape and/or a Concha y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon.

Well, at least we have the NYT Book Review Top 100 to quiver over. [cheers.gif]

Er, which year? Not say 1968 by any chance?

.!

Duck horn merlot. Of course. Merlot is back?!?

Does no one on this board understand sarcasm? Original post was LOL funny, Anton

Haven’t you heard?

Don’t really follow the top 10 reveal, but I did look at the list. Got to be one of the most boring “top 10” they’ve ever assembled. Would be interesting to thumb through the magazine to see the correlation with advertising.

A big thumbs down to their entire top ten list, although the French selections are fine. Just another reason why WS has become irrelevant to my wine purchasing decisions.
They are obviously playing to California palates and California advertisers.

P Hickner

This.

I was wondering when this canard would come back.

Well, at least we have the NYT Book Review Top 100 to quiver over.

Indeed.

I tremble before it.

Very good! And just to follow up, I flipped through the last couple of issues, and didn’t find any advertising I could attribute to Duckhorn, or Far Niente (also owned by the private equity firm that owns Duckhorn, at least according to google). So I withdraw my accusation, and will just stay with “boring”. Thankfully.

St Cosme 2015 Gigondas’s price doubled this week. Thanks WS.

[/quote]
Very good! And just to follow up, I flipped through the last couple of issues, and didn’t find any advertising I could attribute to Duckhorn, or Far Niente (also owned by the private equity firm that owns Duckhorn, at least according to google). So I withdraw my accusation, and will just stay with “boring”. Thankfully.[/quote]

Alan, it has become a bit blurred but I believe Duckhorn is in a different PE stable now, whereas Far Niente and Nickel & Nickel are part of another PE group.