Somm TV

Can anyone recommend some of their favorite pieces on Somm TV. I’m definitely going to check out the Lafite Vertical, but if folks have sifted through and have some highlights, please share.

$49 not a bad price. Still find getting together with fellow wine geeks the most informational. [cheers.gif]

I’ve enjoyed all of the “Verticals” series. My favorite show they have. Most of the “Behind the Glass” episodes are pretty good too.

Just start with episodes from wineries you’re interested in and go from there.

I also liked the third season of “Blind Tasting” where spouses in the industry blind taste each other. Kind of liked drinking one of my Berserker Day purchases watching the Di Costanzo episode.

The earlier seasons of this series were very hit or miss, with a couple downright annoying.

I really like it, that being said, it would babe nice if they had more/updated content.

I went through a free 3-day trial in late 2019 and felt like I got through most of the content I cared to watch in that time. It seemed sparse, although high-quality.

For anyone that’s followed their progress, how is the content as of late 2021? Enough to dive into a year subscription for $49?

History of Wine (SommTV) podcast had a coupon code (HISTORY) for 50% off a 1 year subscription. Assuming the code is still active, I think the service is surely worth $25/year.

2 Likes

I’m definitely in for $25, thanks for sharing the code.

This is great, thank you, Tim!

Quality has seemed to vary greatly, and quantity of content they output could improve. I find enjoyable and have been a member since it started, but not sure they can keep the current model viable for very long.

A friend of mine used it and said it was a bad decision. After that, I somehow came across https://www.firesticktricks.com/how-to-set-up-amazon-firе-tv-stick-for-first-time.html and use only Amazon. I have not once regretted that I use this streaming site. My children watch cartoons there, my husband watches horror and I watch comedies and various films about food and wine. I think it’s worth paying a little more but using something really good

I have enjoyed the many wine show, and movies. There are a few cooking shows that are very good. The shows about wineries are great for history and style. Well worth a bottles of wine.

I generally agree. I have found it enjoyable, but the interface could use some work. I find the Blind Tastings and Drink a Bottle very hit or miss and very dependent on both the people featured and the wines. The Pairings episode on SingleThread was very interesting, I wish it had been longer.

I’m still on the Berserker Day year offer they did in January and I think I’ve watched maybe 3 hours?

What’s good to see?