Sometimes very big risks in buying wines can provide intense sensations

Francois, I happen to be with my Dutch wife in Amsterdam and she interprets this to be similar to what you do. It does state that “the wine is made from the grapes”.

I also love to read your wine stories Francois. champagne.gif
Please continue taking such risks and sharing the results here. [cheers.gif]

Agree with you completely Francois. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith.

I also agree that I highly enjoyed your posting, as always Francois. And I think, for intellectuals, the intense act of studying, analyzing, recording – and savoring – does not actually feel “intellectual.” The mind fades away and we revel in the magic of detail, sense and emotion.

One day I hope to join you in Paris for one of your dinners Francois! Schedules will have to cooperate :slight_smile:.

I had written to Frédéric Panaïotis who manages the company Ruinart and he wrote me this :

I have never seen this particular dressing (with the inscription La Maréchale in large on the headdress) but we still have old labels that mention it also.The Maréchale vineyard was indeed a Clos located on the soil of Sillery, in Grand Cru and if one relies on the prices of sale, was the high-end of the House between the two wars.

Today, the vineyard has remained in the hands of the Mure family (who owned the house until the merger with Maison Moët in 1963) but we still buy grapes of this Clos which can go into the assemblage of Dom Ruinart when the year allows it.

It is interesting to know that.