Some more wines - Rougeard, Latour a Pomerol, Lahaye, Bise...

Great pizza deserves great wine and there’s absolutely no shame in going with a ‘99 Soldera (Riserva?). A memorable bottle when we had about 3 years ago also at a local NYC Italian restaurant.

It’s like drinking the Rougeard of Tuscany.

Couldn’t agree more. Lucali’s pizza was so delicious–simple and outstanding ingredients that are in perfect balance and work off each other. The Soldera was their normale and drinking a pointe. The best food/wine pairing I have had in some time.

Hurts to hear about the Figeac. 75 right banks were pretty good even though I never got to taste them before age 20…

2004 Rougeard Clos last night was excellent. Interestingly, it started to get tighter after a couple hours of being open.

Thank you Nathan! Seems like all my rougeards can start entering rotation.

Nathan, thank you for the data point and glad it showed well for you. I may pop an 04 poyeux on Father’s Day, depending on menu.

We did it with a big ol’ magret breast. Worked great.

Good to know that some '04 Rougeards may be starting to drink well.

My last '04 was a Le Bourg ordered/drank off of a restaurant list less than 2 years ago. While it showed all the silky texture and grand cru make-up of a fine Cab Franc, it was obviously very young and took all of our 3-hour dinner in a decanter to provide a good glimpse of the wine.

Magret breast sounds like a great pairing

Just posted a quick TN on the 04 Poyeux