Sokolblosser 50th anniversary sale $40 pinot for $6.75

Yeah, I would not be concerned with the Sokol Blosser offer. I had a case at check out, but decided after BD and some other interesting Oregon offers on the table, that I would pass. Definitely a steal for the locals.

It took some emails, but the Qupe deal ended up in my favor. 1 case of 2018 Qupe Central Coast Syrah and 1 case of 2014 Qupe Bien Nacido Hillside Estate Syrah for $99.

Great, glad to hear it. Thanks guys!

I picked this up from the winery yesterday and opened a bottle last night, this was an absolutely crazy deal. I didn’t take any formal notes, but this is a very well made Pinot. Its not extraordinary, but its solid, well made, and delish. I’d put it at 90 points.

1 Like

Glad to hear. I got my shipping notice this morning for a delivery next week. Sounds like they’re taking advantage of the warmer weather expected next week.

Something must have been in the air because I opened one last night as well. The wine arrived in North Carolina ~4 days prior to opening.

• 2018 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir Redland - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (2/17/2021)
    Pop-n-pour. Extremely fragrant nose right out of the gate throwing off some decent heat evidencing its youth. On the palate the wine was very green and herbaceous with notes of under-ripeness like the rind of a watermelon. Structure and jammy fruits were all there but clearly needed some air and patience. Given time it settled down to a quite enjoyable wine. Smooth and fruit forward, this wine deserves a little aging or slow-ox of an hour to reach it’s near-term potential. My note may not fully reflect it but this was an absolute steal of a wine at $6.75 pre-tax/shipping which made my all-in costs ~$12 per bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice notes on the Sokol Blosser and a steal for the locals.

For the non locals, 2017 Lemelson Thea’s Select Pinot is available from wine.com with all of the kickers for $12 shipped plus tax.

For a newbie, what are the kickers? It looks like it is $29.99.

Sorry, it also depends on your location. It’s currently $19.99 in NC. Kickers are Steward Ship ships free, any choice of $20 off $50 code available in the deals thread and RTM cash back at 10% equals $12 plus tax. Anyway, nice deal for those in NC with Steward Ship.

1 Like

Wow, Sokol Blosser. I haven’t had one of those in about 25 years. The somm at one of my first visits to the old Lespinasse recommended one of their pinots and I remember enjoying it very much.

I would guess that you got a great deal on very good wine. The Sokol blosser’s are great people, and the flash sale to celebrate 50 years producing wines seems like something they would do.

1 Like
  • 2018 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir Redland - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (3/3/2021)
    Delivered this morning (sat at the Fedex warehouse for a week but that’s a story for another time). Pop and pour. Absolutely exceeded my expectations. Definitely fruit forward with lots of red fruit featuring prominently, but also lean with a strong acidic backbone. It’s young and fresh and a pleasure to drink.

Posted from CellarTracker