So, What's Your BerserkerDay Damage?

I sure did get on a roll yesterday, but I had made a point to cut back on some mailers for balance. I think BD is a really unique opportunity to support customer-oriented winemakers who happen to make beautiful wine. Having tasted some of what I purchased last year (my first) I understood there would be no regrets and many revelations. Among the new wines I’m looking forward to trying are Sandler, Cabot (aged Cab!?), Big Basin, Wilde Farm and Random. It was an easy decision to hold steady on Harrington, Riverain, and Halcon, all of which were phenomenal discoveries.

Many thanks to those involved for all the hard work and good intentions!

I bought smokes, stems & meat on a wine site.

I fully expect some iteration of white slave commerce by Berserkers Day #10.

I have a good deal of overlap with Mike and applaud his selection, but I’d be surprised if Sheila didn’t take the prize.

Campesino red rhone side
Ladd
Johan pet nat
Tuna
Lichen Estate
Flannery

For me:

Jean Edwards
Patricia Green
Zoetic
Johan Vineyards
Enkidu
Ladd
Tercero
Chester’s Anvil
Loring
Keating
Flannery Beef
Cabot

I feel like I woke up on the floor of a dorm with red cups and smashed ping pong balls all around me. Had a seriously weird dream that I spent all day in front of the computer, hitting “refresh” while all my chores and work went undone.

I seem to have bought these:

EMH and Jean Edwards, which I’d bought from before.
Virage and Campesino, which I’m trying for the first time.
Flannery, because.

+1

I bought about 2 cases. Would have bought more. Thankfully, a lot of offers do not accept AMEX.

There’s no way I can do BerserkerDay in one day next year - it’s too big. So big this year that I had to put the auctions in a separate forum, as you see, and extend the length of time they are running. I don’t even know what I bought, but I still see some invoices coming in. I was happy to have some non-CA wines featured, and quite a bit of Old World (bubbles, Burgundy, all kinds of French and Italian from a number of retailers, etc, so for those who say it didn’t have much, you just didn’t look, as there was quite a lot!), as well as introduce a number of new wineries, which I hope got some love, as many of the favorites here (EMH, Cabot, Veleta, etc) were ‘unknowns’ just a few BerserkerDays ago…

I might have to do a Semi-Annual event, with no repeats with producers/participating wineries/retailers, basically splitting the event into two events…

I know quite a few participants told me this was their best year ever - a huge handful, actually - and that’s even more amazing considering there were so many involved! More traffic this year than last, across the board

Thank you ALL who participated! I know that many of these small wineries and retailers really count on your participation just to keep things going with their business, so it’s a big deal for them.

I tried to restrain myself…I got only 1 repeat producer from last year so everything else is new to me.

Franny Beck
Loring
Lagier Meredith
Sandler (got this last year and really enjoyed it)

[rofl.gif]

The social de-evolution has begun!!!

My trifecta was:

Loring
Cowan
Flannery

Hoping for a couple of auction deals.

Patricia Green older vintages lot. Anxiously awaiting them…

Thanks Todd for organizing this.

Todd thank you. A newbie to this wonderful day (not new to buying wine), I had a great time, if I had more room I would kept buying… Then the kids college education keeps getting in the way :slight_smile:

Just some Veleta olive oil here, the cellar is full. I should have ordered some of Nola’s bubbles though you can always find room for bubbles.

$82.49 including tax and shipping.

My damage was a lot less than it would be if more places were able to ship to Alabama. Just 4 bottles of wine and 6 of olive oil. Storage issues prevented me from buying any of the samplers. However, I did see a bunch of wines that I’ll be buying outside of the packages (Vincent, Random, Johan…I’m looking at you!).

I was good this year:
Flannery
Nola’s olive oil and tuna
Randy’s smokes
Cowan (never tried them, sounded too intriguing to pass up)
Many, many others that I was tempted by

as a newbie, I was kinda paralyzed by the whole deal. I didn’t get crap done at work. some really unique and amazing offers, but I resisted all but the Liquid Farm.

next year I will budget better leading up to the event and try to buy a bit more. personally, I love the library offers so many put out there.