So Levet Améthyste

I only got into the Levet game two years ago or so. Have been backfilling as well as i could. But i only focused on La Peroline and Maestria as the price difference was minor.

But with the last two vintages the price gap seems to grow (here in Europe). While La Peroline and Maestria is in the 55-65€ range now, and often sold in very limited quantities, the Améthyste can be had with a discount when buying a case and i can get it for around 35€.

So can anyone with more experience with the Améthyste cuvée tell me how big a difference there is to the two other cuvees and how well it ages?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Bump. Also curious.

I don’t have too much experience with Amethyste, perhaps @Robert.A.Jr can chime in, but based on my limited experience, I find them rather bland-not as interesting as the upper two cuvees. Maybe it is because I only had recent vintages and I’ve heard that they are generally shifting away from that wild feral characteristics, but for 10-20 more, I would stick with the top two cuvees.

1 Like

I wish I could add more enlightning here, but I have only had several bottles and vintages of that Cuvee. My basic sense was, I would rather just pay up for the La Chavaroche and Les Journaries.

2 Likes