So excited, my first All Clads arrived today!

I’ve been using All Clad nearly daily for 20+ years and nary a sign of tendinitis… my delicate wife can say the same.

But how do you hold the pan(s)?

Nope, the handles feel great to me.

The only analogy I can come up with on the grip is that I use something similar to holding a knife properly or a golf club - a Continental grip in tennis where I can see my knuckles. A Western tennis grip would allow you to see your fingernails. Which is everyone?

Bob, have you tried buying handle covers? Those might fix your problem.

P.S.: I have no problem with the handles.

I am quite familiar with how to hold a knife. I apply no such rigor to how I hold a pan, and it fact my grip for the latter very much depends upon the pan’s size, weight, temp, motion etc. Most often I hold so I can see my fingernails, but that is just a generalization. I suspect we just have different sized hands.

I’ll have to pay attention to the exact grip, but at any rate the wrist is more pronated (back of hand facing up) than supinated (palm of hand facing up).

the grip with which I have no problems is a supinated grip (right palm at approx. a 45 degree angle between facing completely up and directly to my left)

Benjamin,

You might consider the saucier pans… love mine stuff!!

Paul is spot-on with this rec. – I have the smallest size saucier that AC makes; for making sauces, it works a million times better than any of my other pans.

Brian,

How quick is the evaluation process?

I have a 5 year-old, small fry pan that is supposed to be “non-stick”, but everything sticks to it; especially eggs. Just haven’t bothered with getting into returning it since I get around the issue by using copious amounts of oil.

On my weekly trip to HomeGoods today, I snatched one of these.
8Q Oval Dutch-- $180

[thumbs-up.gif] [thumbs-up.gif] [thumbs-up.gif]

Brett,

I don’t know. This will be the first time I’ve returned something to AC, and I’ve yet to start the process. Use of said pan this weekend reminded me that this is something I have to do.

Funny, I told my mom I bought my first All Clads today. She replied, with no hesitation, did you get the small Saucier? Guess I have more to buy.

MY PSA for the day:

How do I return my cookware under warranty?
We would be happy to provide a warranty evaluation for replacement. Follow this procedure to return the item for examination as follows:

• First, please contact us for an RA # (Return Authorization number) to be able to send your product back; you can e-mail us at info@allclad.com or call us at 1-800-255-2523 to get your number.

• Once you receive your number, please write a brief note that explains the problem that you are experiencing with the item(s). Include in the note your name, return address, and please mention your RA #. Package the note and the item together and return them to:

Groupe SEB USA

All-Clad Metalcrafters

2121 Eden Road

Millville, NJ 08332

Attention: RETURNS

Millville Freakin’ New Jersey? Bwaaaaahahahaha! That just makes me laugh hysterically. Last time I was there they hadn’t renamed Owens-Illinois to ARC, some trucks splattered a few tons of tomatoes all over the park in Bridgeton trying to pass under a low railroad bridge, and my dad still owned the only radio station in town.

Brett,
Thanks for that post.

Benjamin,
You will fall in love with the small saucier if you buy one.

Which “small” saucier are you guys talking about? The 2 qt/ 8 inch (which I use all the time), or the even smaller 1 qt/ 6 inch?

I’m talking about the 1 Qt.