So dirty it gives you the Clape: A story of a night of old cornas and one Juge youngin

That info came from Claude Kolm. He never mentioned '90.

Because he is as old as Methuselah

[wow.gif]

Charlie, I had the 14 Juge last night and completely agree with you. Spectacular young wine and as you said, no hard edges.

At a tasting earlier this year, Jean Gonon stressed how Kermit had a knack for consistently selecting the best barrels in his producer’s cellars. Jean said that they were pretty much the outlier in that they did not allow Kermit to cherry pick specific barrels.

Charlie, Im with you on the ageing issues with Clapes Cornas. It seems that your 96` CdG was showing that state of being corked where the power and fruit is compromised, but has not yet reached the stage of wet cardboard notes.

I’ve had similarly mixed experiences with back vintages of Clape. But don’t you figure the more recent vintages will be better? The 2009, 2010 and 2012s I’ve had seem a lot more polished & higher quality.

agreed. As I mentioned to Alan above, the 95 I had recently was of much higher quality it not as great of a year as 90. I think that’ll age well and won’t be fading in 5 years

Have it on good authority (texier) that he is in failing health and he didn’t think that he would even be able to bottle another vintage, looks like he will go out swinging with the 15’…

Thanks.

Points for “youthful outrage,” a descriptor I can get behind.

Thanks first time using. :wink: