Slowly Getting Priced Out Of The Wine Experience

My feelings are kind of mixed, I’m in the $20ish average price per bottle bracket (excluding special wines, I’ll go up to $50-$75). It sucks because you always hear about these phenomenal wines you’ll never try. But it’s also cool because you have to be creative and experience a lot of different things. I also seek out the smaller, lesser-known producers when I can (thank god I found this forum a couple days ago…). I skip the big guys quite a bit in favor of trying the smaller guys - more bang for your buck it feels like.

I’m probably never going to try Screaming Eagle or Mouton Rothschild, but I am going to probably try something really cool and great that the guy drinking those wines never thought to look for.

I think you can get your Cabernet fix in Washington state at a third the price. At sometime everyone has to make that decision about value vs price. I have have stopped buying favorites that became too expensive for me. For me, I have accepted that many wines are beyond me like many of sports cars I love to read about. I can appreciate tastes of storied wines that I have been offered by friends with deeper pockets and cellars but have learned not try and compete. My wine journey not diminished buy financial limits. It’s just a different one.

I am one who is just starting out. I would love to try the best wines out there but the prices are so high that i’m not really sure when I would get the chance. But i’m glad I can come on here and learn more about other wines i haven’t tried yet so when I save enough I will be able to try them myself and have more of a background on them.

1 Like

Rivers Marie. It answers every question

In six months from now, this thread will seem so 2019. Oh, wait,…

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]