Signature Thanksgiving Dish

Soylent Green!

The posts above about confit turkey legs and something I got off Serious Eats lately about a Turducken that actually works has me thinking of experimenting with a Turducken breast roast and confit turkey and duck legs/thighs on the side.

(sous vide the chicken, wrap it in the duck, sous vide the combo then render the duck in a pan… then wrap in the turkey and roast… it ends up cooked through and not overcooked on the outside)

My mom’s stuffing. (pork sausage, bread cubes, holy trinity, chicken stock, and spices). I think it was probably her mom’s. We’ve dabbled with cornbread stuffing, but we always come back to this.

I make applesauce with one daughter the night before and a strawberry trifle with the other in the morning (couple of hours from now when teenager decides to wake up). The potential problem I am now facing is the 12 year old applesauce girl has not yet gone to sleep-even though it is called a sleepover. So could be a long day with about 40 people in my house later today. Cheers!!

Two of them.

One is my mother’s stuffing, which goes inside the turkey. It’s bread cubes, minced onions, minced celery, parsley, and EGGS. It comes out in a loaf, and is served sliced.

The other is a very basic and simple pumpkin pie. No evaporated milk. No sweetened condensed milk. Pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cream, milk, and spices.

One is my mother’s stuffing, which goes inside the turkey. It’s bread cubes, minced onions, minced celery, parsley, and EGGS. It comes out in a loaf, and is served sliced

So, the turkey lays a loaf?

Or pinches one. Choose your metaphor.

Molasses & brown sugar brined pork loin roasted and hickory smoked:

That was a great opportunity to bring up her fruit cake and ribbon candies.