Shipping window from east coast to west coast?

I normal wait until temps. Along the route are no higher than 70. If I’m shipping 2 day or overnight I wait until the temps. Are below 70 around the country. You never know where the wine will sit overnight.

+1. East coast to east coast and west coast to east coast.

here’s another website: http://graphical.weather.gov/

below the graphic, you can roll your mouse over the " Max/Min Temp: | Today | Tonight | Thu | Thu Night | Fri " and it shows you max temp during the day and min temp during the night.

Just got 3 bottles from binny’s in CHI. Shipped Monday and arrived cool to the touch on Wednesday am. BUT, they use that damn egg-carton packing and they charged me $19 for 3 bottles. Has me re-thinking buying from them.

Thanks! Maybe more efficient than Wunderground.

Neal- I am thinking that $19 for 3 bottles is not too bad at all. Pricing on shipping has really gone up over the last couple years. And I am talking just what FedEx charges.

I like this one for ease of use shipcompliant.com Managed WordPress Site – Just another WordPress site

and you can get all Googly with it :slight_smile:

I know this is not a popular point of view, but I have everything overnighted without exception. Even then on rare occasion I have had bottles arrive at room temp vs cellar temp- not a problem, but it proves that even with overnight you can sometimes lose that margin of error styro containers provide. All it takes is your box being on top of a stack sitting on a loading dock in the morning sun for an hour to make a difference.

Amazing. Very cool.

Even better! Splendid!

I assume we are generally talking about ground shipping in this thread…

A big thanks to everyone for their input, and some great links to bookmark. Much appreciated

Tom, do you ever buy wines from a local retailer?

Indeed - shipping costs are way up. I have some insight on our company’s shipping costs, and they have skyrocketed with no meaningful change in shipping quantities or practices. And we’re HIGH volume.

Awesome. Thanks!

So is anyone shipping across country by ground yet?

not me. Was watching the Notre Dame game this weekend and saw that it was 85 and sunny there. My wine is staying put for a while.